THE POWER OF DETACHMENT
1) There is another Law that works in reality which is as equally important to understand as the Law of Attraction. It is the Law of Detachment. It is this Law that gives the crucial distinction in utilizing the Law of Attraction successfully. The Law of Detachment is complimentary to the Law of Attraction.
2) The Law of Detachment says that in order to successfully attract something, you must be detached to the outcome. If you are attached, you project negative emotions of fear, doubt, or craving which actually attracts the opposite of your desire.
You are operating from a position of worry, fear and doubt rather than serenity, trust and faith. Of course, there are times when negative emotions are meant to be felt and acted upon, but your dominant emotions should be positive ones.
3) Let go and let God. Anything you want can be acquired through detachment, because detachment is based on resting in the complete grace of God and knowing that He is always working everything through you and together for your greatest good.
To be detached is to realize that everything good is from God and nothing at all is from you. It is God doing it through you and the elements and people in your life so there’s nothing to hold on to as your own, all you have to do is to believe and let God do it.
4) Ease and perfection of action depend entirely upon the degree in which you cease to depend upon your conscious efforts. You must take your conscious mind off it in order to let your subconscious mind take over.
The pilot and the autopilot cannot control the plane at the same time. You must let go in order to let God take over. To detach is to allow God to bring your desire into manifestation in whichever way is best for you. When you are detached, your desires will manifest much faster.
5) To be attached means to be powerless because what you attach yourself to, you give your power to it. When you look to outside sources to bring you fulfillment, you are giving your power away.
When you are looking to something outside yourself for power and happiness, you are making something other than your true self your source. Detach knowing that whatever you detach from has no power over you, but you have complete power over it.
6) Attachment to anything will always create insecurity no matter how much of it you have. In fact, some of the people who have the most of what they want are the most insecure. Attachment to someone or something makes you wonder if you will keep having them or it or if you may lose them or it. Insecurity causes unhappiness stress.
7) The search for security and certainty is actually an attachment to the known. There’s no evolution in that, absolutely none at all. And when there is no evolution, there is stagnation, entropy, disorder, and disintegration.
Uncertainty and the unknown are the field of all possibilities and pure potential. It is ever fresh, ever new, always open to the creation of new manifestations. It is the realm of pure creativity and freedom. When you are attached, your intention gets locked into a rigid mindset, and you lose the fluidity, the flexibility, and the spontaneity inherent in the field of pure potential.
When you experience uncertainty, you are on the right path so don’t give it up. You don’t need to have a complete and rigid idea of what you’ll be doing next week or next year, because if you have a very clear idea of what’s going to happen and you get rigidly attached to it, then you shut out a whole range of possibilities.
Realize that there is an infinite God working IN YOU and alongside you, and HE is the ONE that can bring you a better way or more worthwhile experience. All you must do is state your intentions and desires and detach from the how and when they manifest.
9) Are there times when you want to work something out, but yet the more you try to work it out, the worse it gets? When God works, it is effortless. God arranges the situations for you when you are not in it, so that when you step in, you experience the blessings.
It is so much better to depend on God than to depend on your own strength. “Unless the Lord builds the house, they that labor do so in vain.” What you can control, you should control. What you can’t control, you should let go and let God. When you trust God, everything is under control.